PRP – SKIN REJUVENATION
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS PRP FACE TREATMENT?
- Reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- Tightening and toning skin
- Mild collagen and volume loss
- Crow’s feet and dark under-eye circles
- Acne scarring
- Stimulates new cell growth
- Improves skin tone and texture
- Improves skin complexion
- Helps with first signs of ageing
- Improves skin complexion
PRP therapy is predominantly used on the face, particularly around the eyes, mouth and nose although it may be used on the backs of the hands and all over the body, more commonly the décolletage to give a more youthful and radiant appearance.
WHO CAN BE A CANDIDATE FOR PRP FACE TREATMENT?
As with the majority of cosmetic procedures, the best female candidates are ladies who are not pregnant, breastfeeding or trying to conceive. In addition, this treatment is not recommended for people undergoing anticoagulation treatments, suffering from autoimmune conditions, or who have contracted any type of cancer, have severe anaemia, low platelet count, abnormal platelet function and active systemic infection may not be eligible
PRP face treatments offer clients long-lasting, effective skin rejuvenation through the body’s own platelets and natural processes.
WHAT IS A PRP FACE TREATMENT?
PRP face therapy is a skincare treatment that has rapidly swept the beauty industry, becoming many people’s go-to procedure for a quick and lasting beauty pick-me-up.
PRP stands for Platelet Rich Plasma: a natural resource which can be extracted from the blood and used for topical cell regeneration. PRP facials make use of these naturally occurring healing properties to bring back youth and radiance to the face.
PRP face treatments are replenishing, nutrient-rich treatments, designed to make use of the body’s own natural resources and incredible capacity for healing. Using absolutely no artificial materials whatsoever, PRP face treatments are fantastic for both subdermal tissue repair and surface concerns such as crow’s feet, dark circles, sun damage, acne scarring and obtrusive pores.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF PRP FACE TREATMENT
- PRP face treatment uses your own natural resources, minimising the risk of side effects and allergic reactions.
- Natural collagen production typically reduces or eliminates lines, folds and wrinkles in a gentle process with little or no swelling, bruising or lumping.
- The organic nature of the procedure is ideal for those who wish to avoid synthetic products and processes.
- PRP therapy is non-gender-specific, so both men and women are able to benefit and enjoy a natural, more youthful look.
- PRP face treatment requires no surgical interventions.
- The improvement to the skin’s appearance after PRP treatment is subtle and natural, with lasting results.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
- We will take a sample of blood, the average sample size of a routine blood test.
- The blood is then placed in a centrifuge for a few minutes and spun at high speed.
- A sterile syringe is used to withdraw only the PRP (platelet-rich plasma) from the sample.
- The plasma and serum are extracted and then re-injected back into the client’s skin, which has previously been cleansed and numbed using a topical anaesthetic.
The whole procedure only involves needle injections to the desired areas, requires virtually no healing time and also reduces possible side effects to a minimum.
DOES PRP HURT?
There is some minor discomfort and a very mild stinging sensation may be felt but these are done with a very fine needle to minimise any pain.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS?
Side effects from PRP face treatment are very mild because it is unlikely that the body will have an adverse reaction to its own materials. At most, you may expect to experience mild to moderate swelling and/or redness or heat in the area of treatment, which are common side effects in the activation of your platelets.
In addition, because a volume of fluid is administered to the area, some bruising can occur and may take a few days to disappear.
WHAT ARE THE RISKS AND COMPLICATIONS?
All non-invasive treatments carry a small element of risk, which is why at Prity Salon we only carry out treatments after a face-to-face consultation, during which we will assess you, and detail the cautions and contradictions for the procedure.
HOW LONG AFTER THE PRP INJECTIONS BEFORE I SEE A CHANGE?
Clients will usually feel the immediate effects of PRP therapy after it is performed and during the next few weeks the collagen will begin to grow and generate more and more healthy cells underneath the skin. That is when the optimum results of the procedure are felt.
DOES THE PROCEDURE NEED TO BE REPEATED?
Depending on the area treated, repeat treatments may be necessary to continue the desired effects. Facial rejuvenation procedures may require 1-3 treatments yearly, depending on the treatment.
WHY USE PRP TREATMENTS?
Platelet-rich plasma injections are an alternative to medications or surgery. Ideal candidates would be those who prefer a less invasive option to surgery or those who are unable to undergo surgery or tolerate pain medication. It allows for a much quicker recovery period and is much less painful than surgery.
HOW DOES PRP FACE TREATMENT DIFFER FROM OTHER INJECTIONS OR FILLERS?
PRP stimulates your own collagen to grow for total facial rejuvenation rather than individual area improvement. In contrast, hyaluronic acid fillers work by means of solid material that fill lines and skin folds in the face. These fillers are indicated to soften deeper lines such as the folds around the mouth area or to plump lips. They usually last from 6-18 months; repeated treatments are required to fill the area again.
PRP face treatment is more effective for volumising faces, plumping out cheek indentations, softening eye hollows, improving the overall tone, tightness, and texture of the skin, and filling in areas where hyaluronic acid fillers cannot reach or are not safe to use.
ONE TO ONE CONSULTATION
One to one consultations in the privacy of my clinic to discuss what your goals are and what can be achieved
All my clients receive the personal service from me and most become long term clients
FULLY TRAINED PHLEBOTOMIST
I’m a fully trained phlebotomist which enables me to offer treatments others can’t